Neuroendocrine Tumor Research Foundation is the leading private funder of neuroendocrine tumor (NET) research. Our nonprofit organization seeks out meaningful, high quality research studies to pursue the most promising paths toward a cure. We fund research in five different countries, selecting only the most qualified and equipped laboratories.
Driving the search for a cure to neuroendocrine cancer
Since its inception in 2005, NETRF has awarded $20 million in large-scale, multi-year research grants to leading scientists at renowned institutions around the world, with the goal of:
- Understanding the molecular underpinnings of the disease to discover vulnerabilities that can be exploited to interrupt the development and progression of NETs.
- Discovering diagnostic and prognostic markers that can guide treatment planning and sequencing decisions.
- Developing reliable disease models for laboratory experiments of new treatments.
- Creating a collaborative NET scientific community where researchers openly share resources, tools, and ideas.
- Increasing the number of NET researchers focused on discovering breakthroughs in treatment
Improving the lives of those with neuroendocrine cancer
The NET Research Foundation is committed to improving the lives of patients, families, and caregivers affected by neuroendocrine cancer by providing information and educational resources.
- Online resources to help newly diagnosed patients chart their course and practical information to help NET survivors live their best life.
- Searchable databases of NET specialists and support groups in the U.S.
- Regional patient and caregiver conferences bring together patients and providers to discuss the latest tests and treatments.
- Multimedia library on the latest information on treatment and disease management approaches
The latest in NET News
NETRF’s Director of Research John Kanki, PhD, provides an update on the status of ongoing NETRF-funded research studies during COVID-19.
NETRF reports progress in the development of neuroendocrine tumor cell lines to help eliminate a decades-old obstacle in laboratory research. To stimulate progress in NET cell lines, NETRF established a Cell Line Prize, funded cell line research, and launched a collaboration with a nationally known research institute. Each of these initiatives has succeeded in establishing NET cell lines.
Research to Advance Neuroendocrine Tumor Treatment The Neuroendocrine Tumor Research Foundation (NETRF) today announced $3.5