Working at the Neuroendocrine Tumor Research Foundation is an opportunity to be part of a small team making a big impact. There is an urgent need to improve treatment options and educational opportunities in neuroendocrine cancer. When we do have openings, you will find them posted here. In every case, we look for motivated, passionate, talented professionals looking to be part of dynamic team.
Opening – Development Assistant
Essential Duties Responsibilities
- Manage Raiser’s Edge database, including but not limited to maintaining data integrity, integrating and managing mailing lists, overseeing constituent queries/reports, creating new records, merging duplicate records and system upgrading. Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- Gift Processing: handle the processing and entering of all gifts via mail, online, credit card and stock gifts, creating new gift pledges, scheduling pledge payments, making timely deposits, providing updates to the Stewardship Action List.
- Thank You and Tribute Acknowledgement Process: oversee all gift thank you and tribute acknowledgement letters in a timely fashion including tribute updates mailed to family members. Refresh gift acknowledgment letters for online giving and other mailings on a bi-annual basis;
- Fundraising Financial Reporting, work with Chief Development Officer (CDO), CEO, accountants and auditors to reconcile fundraising reports on a monthly basis. Provide reconciled, quarterly reports for key major gifts. Generate financial reports for CDO and staff; generate reports for Board and Committee meetings;
- Direct Mail Appeals: participate in all annual appeals, producing mailing lists, letter personalization, segmented solicitation lists, letter appeals and gift tracking;
- Prospect Research: work with CDO on crafting donor/prospect profile information through iWave research and other search tools;
- Event support, work closely with staff on various event assignments and additional administrative tasks (collateral materials, shipping, ordering from print house etc.);
Assist the CDO, the Director of Education and Outreach and other staff with other duties as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required and at least 2+ years of relevant experience in working in non-profit, development office;
- Proficient in Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge/NXT software, including running financial reports, creating queries and other RE: aspects;
- Must possess knowledge of fundraising principles and practices and maintain a professional, polished demeanor with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues, Board members, donors, patients, caregivers and vendors;
PC and Microsoft Office suite proficiency required, including Excel and Word;
Dynamic, engaging, thoughtful, strong communicator (written/oral), problem solver, well-organized and able to manage, prioritize multiple tasks and assignments;
- High level of confidentiality and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds;
- Will be required to complete a background check.
Salary commensurate with experience. This is an exempt position with benefits including medical/dental, 401K plan, flexible spending account, paid vacation and holidays. This is an office-based position. Occasional remote work and schedule flexibility considered. Potential travel to conferences that may include weekend days. NETRF is an equal opportunity employer.
Please contact Susan Payson, Chief Development Officer, at Susan.Payson@netrf.org to submit resume and cover letter.