Working at the Neuroendocrine Tumor Research Foundation is an opportunity to be part of a small team making a big impact. There is an urgent need to improve treatment options and educational opportunities in neuroendocrine cancer. When we do have openings, you will find them posted here. In every case, we look for motivated, passionate, talented professionals looking to be part of a dynamic team.
Watch here for announcements of job opportunities.
Director of Communications
The Neuroendocrine Tumor Research Foundation (NETRF) is seeking a motivated, creative, collaborative, results-focused communications professional to join a fast-paced team. The Director of Communications will lead the development and implementation of digital and traditional communications to support the mission and goals of NETRF, a highly specialized and well-known cancer research foundation. The Director will join a cohesive team in a financially stable and organizationally sound foundation.
The Neuroendocrine Tumor Research Foundation’s mission is to fund research to discover cures and more effective treatments for neuroendocrine cancer, an uncommon and underfunded cancer. NETRF is the largest private funder of neuroendocrine tumor research in the United States. Since its inception in 2005, NETRF has awarded more than $26 million in research grants to scientists at renowned research institutions around the world.
The Director of Communications is responsible for advancing NETRF’s presence within the public and scientific communities, expanding social media engagement, and creating compelling communication strategies for fundraising, research and patient education programs. The Director will also manage a group of outside contractors such as web designers and video producers. Reporting to the CEO, the Director will demonstrate an ability to lead as well as to be hands-on to get the job done. Strong candidates will have healthcare, science, or journalism backgrounds and must be able to think strategically and write effectively for lay and scientific audiences.
Communications and Marketing Planning
- Develop annual communications and marketing plans in coordination with NETRF staff to address the needs of the organization and leverage messaging, resources, special events and campaigns.
- Develop and maintain data dashboards to measure and report effectiveness of NETRF communications and marketing.
- Oversee NETRF’s web site including strategy, content development, web development, SEO, privacy compliance, branding and analytics.
- Ensure that communication and marketing activities are timely and within budget, leveraging existing partnerships for greater reach.
Your daily work will include:
- Write, design, and post our monthly eUpdate newsletter.
- Translate scientific or medical information into accessible language for patient and family audiences.
- Serve as the organization‘s webmaster, updating the site frequently to post new blogs, articles, updated research, events, etc.
- Utilize social media platforms to promote NETRF and engage our online communities.
- Develop and implement messaging strategies, graphics and proposals for review and approval by the Development staff that will highlight and promote their fundraising appeals and stewardship activities.
- Develop and implement design concepts for infographics, annual reports, presentations, online graphics, promotional items, etc. for digital and hard-copy production, in collaboration with staff and outside designers.
- Create materials for patient education programs and scientific symposia.
- Produce videos for the NETRF site and supervise videographers and editors.
- Manage fulfillment program for NET educational Guide and direct mail.
- 5-10 years’ relevant experience in communications, journalism, or marketing. Experience in a scientific or medical environment is preferred.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, creatively and collaboratively, as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and manage budgets.
- Must possess excellent writing, public speaking, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, InDESIGN.
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital communication channels and marketing, including Google Ads, Facebook, YouTube, Emma or similar, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analytics to measure and evaluate the impact of communications and marketing efforts.
- The candidate must have an interest and aptitude to learn about neuroendocrine cancer and developments in cancer research.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is an exempt position with benefits including medical/dental, 401K plan, flexible spending account, paid vacation and holidays, and professional development funds. While we are based in Boston, work from home is possible and candidates from outside the Greater Boston area will be considered. Once travel resumes, periodic travel to NETRF events and conferences will be required.
NETRF is an equal opportunity employer. NETRF values diversity and encourages applications from individuals of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Please contact Elyse Gellerman, CEO, at Elyse.Gellerman@netrf.org to submit your resume and cover letter. We also request two writing samples.