We measure success and evaluate outcomes by following a number of metrics. We ask whether:
Our awards are able to expand the NET research landscape by:
- Increasing the number of senior investigators recruited from other fields.
- Increasing the number of junior investigators attracted to the field.
- Increasing the visibility for NET research by partnering in strategic collaborations.
- Fostering a collaborative, nurturing environment for professional development.
Our funded research stimulates NET science and its research community:
- The research opens new areas of investigation.
- The research changes our understanding of NETs and has direct or indirect impact on patients’ lives.
- The researcher starts collaborations with peers from the NET or other fields.
- The work results in publications in high impact, peer-reviewed journals.
- The work is widely cited, contributing to expanding shared knowledge.
- The researcher attains leadership position (Academic, Editorial, Societies, Boards, other).
- The researcher leverages our funding to get subsequent government grants to extend or expand their work on a larger scale.
- The researcher becomes a recognized authority in the NET field.