The NET Research Foundation is committed to helping NET patient groups by awarding Sunflower Grants for programs and initiatives relating to neuroendocrine cancer. Since our foundation was established in 2005 as the Caring for Carcinoid Foundation, we have used the sunflower icon as a symbol of hope. To honor the history of our organization, we are proud to continue our Sunflower Grants program. All programs are designed and implemented by patient support groups. We are open to all ideas that will support patients and relate to neuroendocrine cancer. We encourage creativity and focus on results.
Ideas for programs include:
- Educational initiatives
- Seed funds to incorporate or file for Federal non-profit status
- Speaker series with leading scientists to inform patients
- Fundraising events to support neuroendocrine tumor research
All neuroendocrine patient support groups may apply.
We will review all applications and award Sunflower Grants based on four criteria:
- Quality of application
- Track record of success
- Commitment to curing neuroendocrine cancer
- Commitment to caring for the neuroendocrine tumor community
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If you have any questions, please contact Laran Hyder at email@example.com.
The Neuroendocrine Tumor Research Foundation will not disclose applications to anyone outside of our Board of Directors.