NETRF has launched a $10 million fundraising campaign, the largest of its kind in our history. Every gift we receive will be MATCHED, doubling our ability to fund researchers whose work can identify the causes of neuroendocrine cancers and lead to improved treatments for NET patients.
Spark Hope Campaign
Our Spark Hope campaign is fueled by a challenge grant generously given by the Margie and Robert E. Petersen Foundation. Automobile publishing giant Robert Petersen passed away from a neuroendocrine tumor in 2007. The Foundation has provided NETRF the opportunity to launch the most ambitious research effort we have ever undertaken to control and cure neuroendocrine cancers. When gifts are made to NETRF, the Petersen Foundation will match them dollar-for-dollar up to $5 million to ultimately raise $10 million for NET research.
Spark Hope to Impact NET Research
NETRF is the LEADER in funding neuroendocrine cancer research around the globe. We have funded over $20 million in research grants to bring the field closer to a better understanding of the unique characteristics of these tumors and improve treatments available for NET patients today.
Investing in the Spark Hope $10 million campaign will support research efforts that will ultimately benefit NET patients of today and tomorrow.
Your donations to NETRF will fund vital research such as:
- Developing new approaches for the earlier diagnosis of NETs, such as the identification of novel biomarkers.
- Creating much-needed laboratory tools such as organoids (mini organs) and 3D cell culture systems to be used in testing drugs that may be effective against NETs.
- Finding new targets by deciphering the key intracellular pathways that might act to promote or suppress neuroendocrine tumors.
- Developing new radiotherapies to target and kill single neuroendocrine cancer cells with exquisite precision, while sparing healthy cells.
- Helping clinicians improve personalized treatment protocols for patients, by supporting small clinical and correlative studies that may build upon existing clinical trials.
- Improving, extending and saving the lives of the 177,000 Americans living with NETS.
Spark Hope Progress
We are already making progress toward our campaign goal. Some of our supporters have recognized the need to continue our work and have already made gifts to Spark Hope. NETRF has raised $800,000 that can be matched by the Petersen Foundation bringing today’s total to $1.6 million. Your gift today will bring us closer to our $10 million goal.
Get in Touch
Help us continue this momentum. To learn more about Spark Hope and ways you can make a gift, please contact our Development Coordinator, Laken Baird at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 617-946-1780.