Please review the information below. Click on each subject to expand the content. Then continue to registration.
The Neuroendocrine Tumor Research Foundation is the world’s leading non-governmental supporter of research into the causes, treatments, cure, and prevention of neuroendocrine cancer. To further enable its important mission, NETRF convenes a premier Annual Scientific Conference for its funded investigators and select invited guests that aims to stimulate the open exchange of scientific information, to promote collaborations and to spark discussions of novel approaches to understanding and treating NETs. In an attempt to allow for an open discussion and sharing of unpublished data, NETRF requests that, as a participant in the annual NETRF Symposium (the “Symposium”), you commit to hold in confidence all Confidential Information (as defined below) sent in advance of, and presented at, the Symposium. To ensure such confidentiality, NETRF has created the following confidentiality policy and asks that you, as a party who will see and receive Confidential Information as an attendee and/or participant at the Symposium (a “Receiving Party”), sign this confidentiality agreement (“Agreement”), acknowledging that you have read, understand and
agree to the terms below. Furthermore, because photos and videos will be taken at the Symposium NETRF also requires attendee acceptance of its Media Release Policy, which is provided below, and requires your acknowledgement indicating that you have read, understand and agree to its terms.
- As a participant of the NETRF Symposium, Receiving Party understands that he/she will be exposed to, and possibly receive, Confidential Information and/or unpublished data, the disclosure or use
of which may be prejudicial or harmful to the disclosing party (“Disclosing Party”) and to the goals and work of NETRF. This Agreement is effective as of the date on which it has been signed below (the “Effective Date”) and shall govern the conditions of receipt or disclosure of all information received by or disclosed to attendees (including the undersigned) in connection with the NETRF Symposium.
- “Confidential Information” means the information provided at the NETRF Symposium (including through such means as meetings, websites, emails, or handouts) that:
- relates to proprietary and confidential clinical trial data, and
- is designated as confidential by the Disclosing Party or NETRF prior to or contemporaneously with disclosure of such information to the Receiving Party; or
- is designated as confidential by the Disclosing Party or NETRF within a reasonable period of time after the disclosure of such information; provided, however, that such information shall in such cases only become Confidential Information as of the time the designation as confidential is communicated to the attendee/participant; or
- would be apparent to a reasonable person having the professional and scientific background, training, experience and knowledge of the Receiving Party that such information is of a confidential or proprietary nature and the maintenance of which would be important to the Disclosing Party.
- Receiving Party hereby agrees that, for a period of five (5) years from the Effective Date, he/she:
- shall hold Confidential Information in confidence,
- shall not use or exploit Confidential Information for his/her own benefit or for the benefit of another without the prior written consent of the Disclosing Party, and
- shall not disclose Confidential Information to any other person without the express written consent of the. Confidential Information shall not include information that Receiving Party can demonstrate by written records: Notwithstanding the above, Receiving Party:
- may retain a single copy of the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information for the sole purpose of ascertaining its ongoing rights and responsibilities in respect of such information; and
- shall not be required to destroy any computer files stored securely by the Receiving Party or its Affiliates that are: (x) created during automatic system back up; or (y) retained for legal purposes by the legal division of the Receiving Party and its Affiliates.
To maintain a respectful, and collaborative environment where clinicians and scientists can share emerging, unpublished work, we ask that attendees of the NETRF Research Symposium respect the wishes of presenters regarding the sharing of content on social media.
Presenters should label any or all slides that they do not wish to be shared with “DO NOT POST.” Content so labeled should not be shared on social media.
All attendee photos, videos, or audio recordings should be for personal, non-commercial use. Please refrain from using flash photography during presentations.
To support a shared conversation, please reference the event hashtag (#NETRS) and NETRF social media handles in any posts.
- NETRF Twitter: @CureNETs
- NETRF Facebook: @NETRF
- NETRF Research Symposium hashtag: #NETRS