A Crowdsourced Agenda
Excitement is building for our October 10 virtual conference. Even though COVID-19 disrupted our regular in-person programming schedule, we are enthusiastic about delivering a jam-packed agenda to our virtual attendees.
We are informally calling our virtual event the “Not your Average NETs Conference.” By asking for agenda input from patients and families affected by NETs using an online survey, our presentation topics are by your request. This is our way of listening, learning, and adjusting educational content to meet the current needs of the NET community. If you participated in our virtual conference agenda survey, we are grateful for your insight.
What you can expect
Xavier Keutgen, MD, University of Chicago, will lead the event. Here are a few of the things you can expect to find on our October 10 virtual conference agenda.
- More information about living with NETs – how NET symptoms can be managed, with and without medication, how NET support groups can improve patients’ lives, and understanding the nutritional needs for NETs.
- Real stories about living with NETs from patients and caregivers.
- What is on the horizon for NET treatment, including new chemotherapy drugs, combination treatments with PRRT, and open clinical trials.
- Timely information about COVID-19 and the risks of exposure for NET patients.
- Specifics about surgery for NETs, like the risks and benefits of operating on metastatic NETs and surveillance after surgery.
- A special NETs 101 presentation for the newly diagnosed or those needing a refresher.
Watch NETRF’s eUpdate newsletter for information or sign up below to be informed about all our educational events.
Be notified of upcoming NET conferences
Sign up to receive announcements about NET Research Foundation patient and caregiver conferences.