The Neuroendocrine Tumor Research Foundation’s (NETRF) mission is to fund research to discover cures and more effective treatments for carcinoid, pancreatic, and related neuroendocrine cancers. NETRF is the largest private funder of neuroendocrine tumor research in the United States. Since its inception, NETRF has awarded more than $12 million in large-scale, multi-year research grants to scientists at renowned research institutions.
The Communications and Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing NETRF’s communications and marketing programs to support the organization’s strategic goals. The Manager will work closely with the NETRF staff to build NETRF’s presence within the public and scientific communities, expand social media engagement, and create compelling communication for fundraising campaigns. The Manager will also coordinate with key outside contractors such as web designers and video producers.
- Develop an annual communications plan in collaboration with the NETRF staff to address the communication needs of the organization and leverage special events and campaigns
- Monitor the effectiveness of the annual plan through available analytics and accepted metrics, with regular reports to leadership and the Board of Directors.
- Determine the best mix of communication channels to position NETRF as the leader in neuroendocrine tumor research and reinforce our messaging.
- Ensure that communication and marketing activities are timely and within budget, leveraging existing partnerships for greater reach.
- Serve as the organization’s webmaster, updating the site daily to post new blogs, articles, updated research, events, etc.
- Utilize social media platforms to promote NETRF and engage our online communities
- Design infographics, appeal graphics, annual reports, presentations, online graphics, promotional items, etc. for digital and hard-copy production
- Write, design, and post our monthly eUpdate
- Create materials for patient education programs and scientific symposia
- Produce videos for the NETRF site and supervise videographers and editors
- Represent NETRF online and protect its brand
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience in communications, journalism, or marketing. Experience in a scientific or medical environment is preferred.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, InDESIGN
- Strong writing, public speaking, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must have an interest and aptitude to learn about neuroendocrine cancer and developments in cancer research.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and manage budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively, while working in a team environment
- Some travel required, especially to NETRF-sponsored educational conferences.
- Commensurate with experience. This is an exempt position with benefits including 401K plan.
Please contact Elyse Gellerman, Senior Administrative Officer, at Elyse.Gellerman@netrf.org with questions or to submit your resume and cover letter.